Briski Law Firm
San Jose Car Accident Lawyers
At the Briski Law Firm, we work hard for each of our clients and give them the personal attention they won't be able to get at a larger firm. We have practiced law in Santa Clara County for more than thirty years. We bring our experience to the table in every case.
When an individual tries to handle his or her own auto accident case, it can be confusing, frustrating, and difficult. There are medical bills, insurance adjusters, doctors, and chiropractors, physical therapy appointments, not to mention the pain you are in.
Our auto accident lawyers have turned these car crash claims into a near science. We take the burden off of you and will navigate the complex insurance claims process and advocate on your behalf so that you receive a just recovery. We will obtain all of your medical bills and records, get doctors’ reports, sort through the clutter, and present your claim to the insurance company.
We know how to maximize your recovery and determine the methods to get the best auto accident settlements. We’ll be honest and let you know up front if your claim has merit. We know when to push and when not to. We can also build a strong rapport and negotiate with insurance adjusters. Below is our suggested Do and Don’t list for some general guidelines. Always consult an attorney.
The Car Accident Do and Don’t List
- Immediately seek medical treatment if you are injured;
- If the police have not yet arrived, call the police and be sure they make a report;
- Exchange driver’s license and insurance information;
- Get phone numbers and addresses of all witnesses;
- Call your insurance company and make a report; (if you do not do this, you may not be able to receive the benefits of your policy)
- Before your car is repaired, make sure you take pictures, or have the auto shop take pictures;
- Retain all paperwork from the accident including insurance information, medical bills, police report, etc.;
- Take photographs of any injuries;
- Report the accident to the DMV within 10 days. Link to DMV website for SR 1 form: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/formsaccident.htm
- Obtain the contact information for all medical providers.
- Talk to the other party’s insurance company or attorneys;
- Admit fault; just tell the police officer what happened;
- Suffer in silence. If you are injured, get medical attention.
Contact our law firm today for your free consultation. If you've been injured in an auto accident, you need a lawyer who has the experience and skills to secure the settlement you need to pay for your injuries.